Friday, March 11, 2005

my all time favourites

Celine: If there's any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed, but... who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt.

Celine: I used to think that if none of your family or friends knew you were dead, it was like not really being dead. People can invent the best and the worst for you.

Jesse: I don't know, I think that if I could just accept the fact that my life is supposed to be difficult. You know, that's what to be expected, then I might not get so pissed-off about it and I'll just be glad when something nice happens.

Celine: Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?

in Before Sunrise (Antes do Amanhecer)

Jesse: Maybe what I'm saying is, is the world might be evolving the way a person evolves. Right? Like, I mean, me for example. Am I getting worse? Am I improving? I don't know. When I was younger, I was healthier, but I was, uh, whacked with insecurity, you know? Now I'm older and my problems are deeper, but I'm more equipped to handle them.

Jesse: You want to know why I wrote that stupid book?
Celine: Why?
Jesse: So that you might come to a reading in Paris and I could walk up to you and ask, "Where the fuck were you?"
Celine: [laughing] No - you thought I'd be here today?
Jesse: I'm serious. I think I wrote it, in a way, to try to find you.
Celine: Okay, that's - I know that's not true, but that's sweet of you to say.
Jesse: I think it is true.

Jesse: What do you think were the chances of us ever meeting again?
Celine: After that December, I'd say almost zero. But we're not real anyway, right? We're just, uh, characters in that old lady's dream. She's on her deathbed, fantasizing about her youth. So of course we had to meet again.

Jesse: Oh, God, why didn't we exchange phone numbers and stuff? Why didn't we do that? Celine: Because we were young and stupid.
Jesse: Do you think we still are?
Celine: I guess when you're young, you just believe they'll be many people with whom you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.
Jesse: And you can screw it up, you know, misconnect.

Jesse: I feel like if someone where to touch me, I'd dissolve into molecules.

Celine: So, I want to try something.
Jesse: What?
Celine: [hugs him] I want to see if you stay together or if you dissolve into molecules.
Jesse: How'm I doing?
Celine: Still here.
Jesse: Good, I like being here.

in Before Sunset (Antes do Anoitecer)

Os meus filmes favoritos de todos os tempos. Os diálogos são tão reais... Eles estão lá de facto. A sentir todo aquele turbilhão de emoções. E nós também. Com eles.

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2005 at 7:13:00 AM PST , Blogger A. said...

descobri ambos... apenas este ano... n tive k esperar 10anos para saber o que havia acontecido... mas 10h... contudo sinto que envelheci e amadureci tal como eles... tal como os diálogos... de um filme para o outro...

confesso que são os meus dvd's mais preciosos

 
At March 14, 2005 at 9:54:00 AM PST , Blogger eternal sunshine said...

depois de ver o primeiro achei que nada conseguiria superá-lo. i was wrong... o segundo consegue ser ainda mais pessoal. gostei da forma como puseste as coisas: "envelheci e amadureci tal como eles...". eu diria mais. cresci com eles. cresci nas palavras que fui ouvindo na sala de cinema dia 15 de outubro (fui à estreia nacional). e identifiquei-me. senti-me parte daquela história. senti-me parte jesse, parte celine. senti que mesmo sem o peso de todo aquele percurso de vida, sem casmento, sem filhos, sem emprego, sem 29 anos no BI, era de mim que eles estavam a falar. não dos pormenores da minha vida mas da forma como penso sobre a intimidade. ainda não tenho os dvd's. acho que se os tivesse não descansaria enquanto não soubesse todas as falas de cor :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home